WHAT IS A CHAMBER OF COMMERCE ?
Chamber of commerce is committed to making effective contributions to the nation’s economic development through the promotion of trade and industry in the various sectors of our economy. Likewise, the Chamber of Commerce & Industry acts as a two-way channel of communication between business and community. Therefore, it plays an important role in policy formulation by maintaining a constant interaction with the relevant authorities. Furthermore, a Chamber of Commerce and Industry provides a wide array of services to its members. Consequently, many entrepreneurs in almost all the major cities and industrial clusters have established a liaison with Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
Classes of Membership of Chamber of Commerce of Pakistan
So, there are two classes of memberships in almost every Chamber of Commerce and Industry:
An individual from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry which is either a body corporate or a global organization. Also, its head office or branch office in Pakistan should be having a yearly turnover of Rs.50 million or above. Also, a business expense enlisted concern having a yearly turnover of Rs. 50 million or above.
An individual from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry with its head/branch office in Pakistan. In other words, it is not a body corporate. Most importantly, having a yearly turnover of less than Rs.50 million. Additionally, the membership Process for any assembly of trade (Karachi, Lahore, Sialkot and so forth) in Pakistan is nearly the equivalent. However, following is the qualification criteria:
Criteria For Chamber of Commerce
Firstly, the candidate is sole ownership or an organization firm or an association of people or a company holding national tax numbers for the sake of the business concern.
Also, The candidate’s business fits inside the characterized business extension or region of locale of Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad or whatever other city, where participation is required.
Additionally, the application for award of enrollment will be proposed and favored by existing individuals from the chamber
Furthermore, the candidate should have no criminal conviction.
Enrollment for Chamber of Commerce
Firstly, the candidate will properly fill the Membership Form and Signature/ID Card Form, accessible at chamber office.
Afterwards, the enrollment structure will be proposed by one and favored by the other existing legitimate individuals.
Then, the candidate will connect the required archives with the enrollment structure referenced hereinafter.
Also, the accommodation of required charge by means of check (referenced hereinafter) will be made at the money counter of assembly of trade.
Lastly, the membership certificate ought to be gathered face to face by the candidate or if there should be an occurrence of approved delegate an authorization letter must be given for the sake of collection of membership certificate on behalf of Proprietor / Partner / Director.
List of Documents Required for Chamber of Commerce Membership
- Written application on business letter head addressed to the Secretary General LCCI/KCCI/ICCI/SCCI etc for grant of membership
- Completely filled in Membership Form and Signature / ID Card Form
- Photocopy of C.N.I.C of the Proprietor / Partners/ Directors
- Photocopy of Sales Tax Registration Certificate(if applicable)
- Photocopy of National Tax Number Certificate of the Proprietor / Partners/ Directors
- Original bank certificate in the name of business applied for membership.
- Copy of partnership deed executed on Rs.500/stamp paper duly attested by Notary Public (for partnership firm)
- Copy of Firm Registration Certificate issued by the Registrar of Firms (for partnership firm)
- Copy of memorandum and articles of association of the Company attested by SECP (for private limited company)
- Copy of Incorporation Certificate issued by Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan attested by SECP (for private limited company)
- Copy of Form-29 attested by SECP (for private limited company)
- Copy of a previous utility bill (gas/electricity/phone) paid from the business premises.