NTN means National tax number that is unique entity for each and individual’s resident of country. Additionaly, whoever gives the INCOME to government; he/she has to get register himself/herself with the FBR to get NTN. To emphasize, every citizen who is eligible for CNIC is also responsible to get it and pay taxes to govt. from Income through prescribed way known as return filing. Also, if there is no income even that he/she responsible to show whole year account whether ( low income or no income ) to the govt. through the same return filing procedure.
WHAT IS NTN REGISTRATION
- So, the better way to get NTN registration is through online system of FBR That is, by using feature provided by FBR known as IRIS for filing tax return and through this system one may recover login details without actual visit to tax office or officer.
- IRIS PORTAL allows individual, firms, association of persons and companies to get enrolled means E-Enrollment provides you NTN or Registration number, user ID and Password.
- NOW, after national tax number registration next step is RETURN FILING
- After getting national tax number, registration, now FBR allows through IRIS online Portal to file income tax return using login details. To elaborate, the individual and Sole Proprietorship firms file income tax return for every fiscal year means financial or taxation period that is from 1st July of the previous calendar year and concludes on 30th June.
NTN NUMBER: PROCESS TO REGISTER NTN IN PAKISTAN
Moreover, you have to find category that match you from the following and collect documents as mentioned:
Two options of NTN REGISTRATION in Pakistan for residents:
NTN REGISTRATION IN PAKISTAN FOR NON RESIDENTS
Application of Non-residence to get NTN Registration.
- If you need to register as a non-residence tax payer you will need a proxy to register on your behalf.
- Moreover, the proxy will then visit the RTO with the following documents:
- Authority letter form non you
- Copy of your valid original passport
- Cell phone number of the proxy
- Email address of the proxy
- Plus, paid utility bill of business premises not older than 3 months (for business individual only.
- Evidence of tenancy or ownership of business premises (business individuals only).
- The facilitation officer will verify your documents to satisfaction and will begin the new registration process.
- Complete the 181 (form of registration filed voluntarily) (income tax). Scan and attach the above documents and submit the application
- If verified the proxy will be issued with a Login in credentials of the created account
- He/she should Print out the 181 form from your account, login with the provided ID and Password
Hope this article is helpful in understanding NTN, NTN REGISTRATION IN FBR, IRIS PORTAL , E-REGISRATION OF NTN & Documents required for NTN REGISTRATION.
SPECTRUM CONSULTANCY HERE TO ASSIST YOU IF YOU WANT TO KNOW FURTHER.
CONTACT US: FOR LOCAL / FOREIGN COMPANY REGISTRATION, NGO REGISTRATION, NTN, INCOME TAX, GST / SST REGISTRATION & FILING, MONTHLY ACCOUNTS, TRADEMARK / COPYRIGHT /PATENT REGISTRATION, STATUTORY ANNUAL AUDIT & ALL BUSINESS RELATED MATTER.
Senior Corporate Consultant